Monday, October 8, 2007

Mission Statements

Jake sent us his personal mission statement this summer. If you are in need of direction, or for no reason at all, we would encourage you to write your own. It’s a fun way to discern God’s purpose for us and to discover yourself. Reading Jake’s statement got Kathleen thinking; below is her mission statement.

Jake’s Mission Statement

I will live my life to its fullest in balance and harmony
I will live healthily both mentally and physically
I will teach and inspire students of all stages of life
I will commit my self to life long learning

I will fulfill the purpose God set for me
I will provide the world with music, spreading passion and love
I will love another human being and love my children
I will work hard to reach all my goals
I will take time to relax and enjoy what has been given to me

I will explore the world for its wonders and excitements
I will travel and see the diverse cultures of the world
I will expose myself to challenges
I will try new things
I will cherish my life and love the earth

I will live my life to its fullest in balance and harmony.
-Jake Autio


Kathleen’s Mission Statement

I believe in doubt, and I believe in doubt as a means of faith. Somewhere I’ve heard, that to doubt is to care. By wondering and questioning and just not knowing, somehow it proves we care enough to think it through. That we are not just going along with something to be part of the latest trend, but we actually are putting thoughts into our beliefs and actions. That we care enough to try to find the truths we are searching for.
So I believe in doubt.

I believe in dreams, and in following them. There are always opportunities that can be followed. New dreams can be dreamt when the old ones vanish. What is the point of continuing if you have nothing to look forward to, if you have nothing to follow?
So I believe in dreams.

I believe in choices. I believe that every action is a choice, and that every choice matters. The choices that you make define your life, define who you are. The choices that you make ,more than anything else, show what you truly believe in .
So I believe in choices.

I believe in life. I believe that while bad thing happen, they’re necessary, and make you appreciate the good things. Life is bigger than death, light is easier to find than shadow, not to mention more fun. Life is what we’re all here for, so we might as all live it!
So I believe in life.

I believe in God, who has created and is creating, who has come in Jesus, the word make flesh, to reconcile and make new, who works in us and others to by spirit, I trust in God*. God’s the one who knows all my problems, all my pains and joys, all my hearts desires, the one I talk to every day. My doubts, my dreams, my choices, and my life, all lead me back to my belief in God.
So I believe in God.

No comments: