Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep (Perfect Moments)

It’s the moments
When the sun finally shines
It’s those moments
As the darkness brightens
That make everything OK

So today I’ll get up again
Face this darkness that just won’t fade
Find a way to get through this
And know tomorrow I’ll do the same.

So because this is how I live
Because sometimes this is all I know
I wait for that perfect moment,
And I make it through this day.

So now I lay me down to sleep
I’ll pray to God with all I am
That tomorrow the sun will shine,
And I pray to God my soul to keep.

So if I die before I wake
Or if I wake up in the dark
Those perfect moments have to come
Tomorrow can’t be worse.

I’m living for that moment
When the sun must finally shine
I’m waiting for that perfect moment
When the darkness must finally fade.
And I’m hoping it makes everything OK.

-Kathleen Kerr

No comments: